The Indianola Review
There are presently no open calls for submissions.
- All work should be Double-Spaced, Times New Roman, 12-pt font (Standard Manuscript Form) in a .DOC or .DOCX file format. Poetry may be single spaced. One space between sentences & automatic indents make our lives easier and help your odds.
- Page numbers, please. Include your name and contact information on the first page of your document on the upper left, single spaced.
- For prose submissions, include Word Count on the upper right. (Basically, we’re asking for the industry standard. Nothing more, nothing less.)
- Include a brief cover letter in the Submittable form. Tell us where you’ve been published. Tell us if you are a new writer. Tell us what awards you’ve collected…all that good stuff. No pressing need for a third person bio, but we’ll take it if you have it.
- PDF Accepted in Miscellaneous Submission Category only.
- The Indianola Review requests One Time, First Serial and Electronic Rights. All rights revert back to the author upon publication.
- We accept simultaneous submissions. Just let us know if your work is accepted elsewhere.
- No Reprints. We publish original work only. As usual, that means no blog posts.
- No Multiple submissions, regardless of category. One at a time is great, and we respond quickly. As soon as you hear back on something, feel free to resubmit!
- Failure to meet our basic, industry standard manuscript guidelines will likely result in an expedited response. It's just easier to read properly formatted manuscripts.